Canons of Conduct
The Interfaith Church of Australia, its Clergy, Affiliate Churches and Organisations, and Affiliate Clergy abide by these canons:
- We seek knowledge, promote growth and aim to share wisdom.
- The Earth is our home, we shall protect it for our heirs.
- A higher power exists/ existed, each individual’s perception of this is valid.
- Natural justice and the laws of man should be upheld where they meet moral and ethical norms.
- We shall not cause undue harm to others where it can be avoided.
- We take responsibility for our own actions, inaction, words, feelings and history and we seek to grow through them.
- We hope to achieve a work-life balance that is healthy and sustainable.
- We seek to champion against discrimination and promote religious acceptance.
All members of the congregation should attempt to abide by these canons.